Locus in final render

LarryAZ

If the loci were invisible this would not be an issue.

They are a pain when you try to show a client a rendered image on the computer. In OpenGL they are invisible whilst you rotate the model but as soon as you stop...

Hey presto there they are - and what does yours and the clients eye get drawn to. Not the design unfortunately

The programmers could get rid of them by either:

- making them invisible to begin with.

- assigning them to a separate class which could be made invisible. (such as fireplace 3D loci)

A simple change methinks.

mike (m oz)

Is it only 3D loci that show in pdf's? because I recently did some pdf's and your comment had me rushing to double check. Looking at my drawing the loci(2D) I have does not appear in my pdf's. I use Adobe Acrobat Elements (cut down version preloaded on my computer) and pdf995 with neither doing this. I'm on Windows PC also.

Just a suggestion. Can't you get round this in some way using a class visibility workround for your on screen client presentations? A pain I know but just a suggestion, needs must etc.

Alan

The work around seems to be convert to group then edit the group and remove the 3D Locus and regroup. The first time I tried this I had some strange results but it seems to be working correctly now. It would be nice if we could turn them off with a check box in the OIP.

Thanks for your help.

Larry

quote:

Originally posted by mike m oz:

PS - Propstuff

the loci might not print when you print to a printer but they certainly do when you print to PDF.

Not a great look!!

Hmmm, they don't for me. I'll try it on a windows box later today.

On screen: yes a pain for presentations. NNA altering the plugins to add a new Loci class which could be made invisible would seem to be the way to go.....

N.

Update:

Acrobat5 on XP doesn't print the Loci either,..although it did turn the blue object grey! I don't know what the..... that's about?

[ 11-30-2004, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: propstuff ]

• 4 weeks later...