Export Image Size Limit?

dcont

I need to produce a renderworks rendered image at an extremely large print size. The largest i have been able to output is 3888x3120 as a tiff and photoshop file. Anything larger tends to corrupt the image file and only shows odd horizontal colored lines.

Is there an export image size "limit" that i am aproaching or is it some other error. i have rendered a 5832x4680 image that was no good while the 3888x3120 image was not, so i know the range is between there.

I have tried saving the attempts as different file types and dpi setting while keeping the pixel count consistent.

I am running on a mac dual 1.25 Ghz with 1.25 gb of ram with OS X 10.3.5 and there is plenty of hard disk space so i don't think it a lack of power issue.

please advise

thanks in advance

I did output a rendered image at 4050x3250 without any problems but another at 5400x4334 was corrupt, It seems that the CMKY layers are not translating properly at that large of an output.

what I'm after is a 20 to 30 megapixel image or larger if needed to print a very large billboard type application aproxximately 9 foot by 6 foot

Still scratching my head over this so any guidence would be much apprieciated

thanks

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello everybody:

Yes, there is a limit of about 4000 pixels horizontally for a single bitmap, but for image export, printing, and viewports we automatically divide the image up so that the total is however big you want.

If the destination app is not converting the tiled images correctly, if you're using VW 11 you could render a viewport, convert it to a group which will be a group of bitmaps, and export/import the bitmaps individually, perhaps by cutting and pasting into the destination app.