Tyler 20.5" Plated Truss missing weights

Mark Aceto

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You should reach out to Tyler and hound them to provide us with the weights. Last time I spoke to them their exact words were "we don't know the weights of our trusses, we just weigh them before they go on the truck and calculate that way. If they can get VW the weights this can be added in the future.

• 1 year later...
29 minutes ago, Mark Aceto said:

corner blocks?

Didn't see it on their website. 

Reverse enginering the distributed weight calc gets 13.84 lbs for a corner block. Probably slightly more considering it's got the extra plateing.

You should email them and see if they are willing to weigh it.  If my shop has a weight and I find out I'll share it here.

Yes, please hound Tyler to provide us with more of their models and any missing weights so that I can get them added into the queue and get them released. Every time I reach out to discuss things with them they are very receptive until I start asking for models and weights. Sometimes we even discuss Braceworks and I send them our paperwork of what information is needed and then it is crickets and I need to reestablish the communication again. I think the more users that bug them the better chance we all have of getting what is needed.

On a side note, I find it amusing that their website lists CAD models in both DWG and Vectorworks format but every one that I download is just a DWG file. This in spite of me providing them their VWX files in the current format and providing them with a license of the software for evaluation and development work.

• Like 1

The funny thing about the bottleneck you speak of Mark is that the past two times the communication turned to crickets Tyler was the one who brought up Braceworks, not me. All I asked for were CAD models and weights.