Only 93 space objects, and 93 data tags, yet I get up to 100 on my Tag List

Ramon PG

5 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Are you using the built in tags from the Spaces? Or are you using separate Data Tag objects?

Try using a worksheet sorted by tag number to see if you have some objects with tags that skip some numbers.

Or post or DM the file so we can help figure it out.

I am using Data Tags on top of Space Objects. I disabled the Space Object tag.

1 hour ago, michaelk said:

It's very possible to attach more than one data tag to an object. 

Correct, But then when doing a Select Similar (magic wand...) it would show. I could not figure it out, so I edited the numbering skips and fixed it. So far...

Update:  I eventually found a few extra Spaces wondering in an active design layer. Fixed.

I appreciate both your help. I was nearing a breakdown!! 

Edited by Ramon PG
1 hour ago, Ramon PG said:

I was nearing a breakdown!! 

I know what you mean!  I deal with things like this all the time.  Especially since I often inherit drawings already in progress.

I have a worksheet with a database in almost every drawing called something like "Find Stuff".  ("Stuff" isn't always the word I use). The criteria change as needed but the columns are usually:

LAYER     CLASS     TYPE    PARAMETRIC OBJECT NAME    SYMBOL NAME    ANGLE    X COORD    Y COORD     Z COORD

So in your situation I would make the Criteria be Type = Data Tag.  That would give me a list of all data tags in the drawing and a quick scan would highlight a data tag in a strange layer or class or moved very far away from the expected location of the drawing.

I use it almost every day.  Saves me a ton of time.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, michaelk said:

I know what you mean!  I deal with things like this all the time.  Especially since I often inherit drawings already in progress.

I have a worksheet with a database in almost every drawing called something like "Find Stuff".  ("Stuff" isn't always the word I use). The criteria change as needed but the columns are usually:

LAYER     CLASS     TYPE    PARAMETRIC OBJECT NAME    SYMBOL NAME    ANGLE    X COORD    Y COORD     Z COORD

So in your situation I would make the Criteria be Type = Data Tag.  That would give me a list of all data tags in the drawing and a quick scan would highlight a data tag in a strange layer or class or moved very far away from the expected location of the drawing.

I use it almost every day.  Saves me a ton of time.

That is a super interesting recommendation. VWs used to be a simple CADD application and now one has to be a programmer instead of a designer half the time.