Georeferencing and viewports

I seem to always struggle with georeferencing no matter how much I work with it 🙂 This time around the fault might actually be within VW 23 though but I just wanted to check with the forum first. I start out with 2 copies of the same file, both set up with the same/correct georeferencing settings. I have received a georeferenced DWG that I've imported into one of the files to create a shuttle file. The imported geometry sits right where it's supposed. The other file is intended as the master file, so I create a viewport for the shuttle file. This time around the geometry is way way of location, roughly by half a globe. Did the same thing in 2022 and here the geometry sits in the right location in both files. I know 23 has some GIS/referencing updates, so maybe my workflow is incorrect?

I attach some screenshots and the two files. NBK NY = shuttle, Björkhaga = master.

Might I call upon @Katarina Ollikainen for some help again?

image.thumb.png.fbc89e48bb2989f0de1da66ffbbcfae7.png

image.thumb.png.aa2623a24c895158c5bd7745ed4b6a9c.png

Björkhaga.vwx NBK NY.vwx

Edited by Anders Blomberg
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Anders, I'm happy to help. There is an issue with the XML file for Sweden in the 2023 file and there is a fix for it. Unfortunately, it didn't make it in SP1 (it was found too late) but we have a workaround.

Do you want to meet up on Zoom on Monday morning and I'll walk you through it? I'm actually going to Sweden this weekend, so I'll be in your time zone. Let me know and I'll send you a link.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Hi @Katarina Ollikainen I think i'm having a similar issue - with one version of the same file located correctly, and the other way off. 

When I import a DWG directly into my working file, it is located correctly. But when i convert that same file to a VWX and bring it into my working file through a viewport, I can't seem to get it to land correctly. 

Any help would be super appreciated!

• 1 month later...