Artistic Renderworks Crash

Technoflash

Hi All

With the new Artistic Renderworks feature in VW 11, if I select "Over Lapping Lines", "Stipple", "Lines with Shadow", "Soft Lines", "Ink Print" or "Tappered Lines" I get a runtime error. The other options yield perfect results.

Does anyone have any idea why that is?

Mike

VW11.0.1 Architect Renderworks. AMD3000+ 64bit CPU.512MB RAM. RADEON 9200 128MB VID

WinXP SP2

Hi Dave

First I select the artRW option (previously rendered in openGL), then I rerender. It then crashes during the attempt to render.

And yes, it does seem to be only on one particular file. I have tried other files without a problem.

I'll send this file to a friend and see if he has the same problems on his machine.

I am also experiencing a lot of runtime errors. (say 4 a day) I get the usual message "c:\blah blah blah\VectorWorks.exe, this application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact...

Sorry, this is getting off the original topic but is bound to be related.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was really pleased with the Artistic Renderworks, Cartoon option (w/default settings). Nice Job with the render bitmap tool. But that was with a small building.

Then I tried it on a big, complicated building, with trees and leaves, w/ the Render Bitmap tool: Runtime Error.

But the Final Quality Renderworks, set at 150 DPI works fine.

Therefore, it appears that the Artistic RW is much more memory-intensive than the standard Renderworks, and is largely unusable for a big project (unless there is a bug in the program).

BTW, exporting to VW 10 (from 11), where Doodle is installed, the process works fine with Doodle. In fact, Doodle is a more effective aesthetic medium than the off-the-shelf Renderworks. Stupid name, Doodle, though.

Happy Thanksgiving (US)!

XP/VWA11.0.1/512 RAM