Vectorworks 2023 - major regression in section rendering…

GatRed

Question

With Vectorworks 2023, I figured out that there is a major regression in section : in some conditions, objects made of extrude along path are not rendered with fill or hatch inside.

Vectorworks is a great tool for conception and communication of projects, I think that false representation in sections because of a bug has to be put on top of the hierarchy of bug to correct.

It is really confusing. In addition of the representation issue, you don’t know if it because material is not set or because of a bug and therefore, datas of material quantities can not be trusted…

I hope that it will be corrected in SP1, SP2, so Vectorworks 2023 can be used instead of Vectorworks 2022.

because all the work that has been done for this new release looks really great.

Capture d’écran 2022-10-13 à 11.13.26.png

Capture d’écran 2022-10-13 à 11.13.49.png

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

I've seen similar issues intermittently with EAPs for years, so perhaps it's not new to 2023 (?). But if you have a file that reliably renders one way in 2022 and a different way in 2023, that can be incredibly helpful for the engineers to help track down what the source of the issue might be. Be sure to upload the file here and explain what you're seeing: https://www.vectorworks.net/support/bugsubmit

• Like 1

I'm going from deep memory here but wasn't there a situation a few versions ago where EAP's with 2d base geometry in the profile vs Nurbs would give different results in sections vp's?   I remember having to return to the problem EAPs and converting all profile objects to Nurbs to resolve how they appeared in section.

It's a vague memory and I haven't seen it in some time now.

I don't know if this is related to the other section view issues above, but under Advanced Section Properties, the Add Profile Line feature no longer works in section viewports. Can anyone else confirm this is the case? (I am also on Vectorworks 2023 SP1.)

profile-line.png

• Like 1
11 hours ago, tsw said:

I don't know if this is related to the other section view issues above, but under Advanced Section Properties, the Add Profile Line feature no longer works in section viewports. Can anyone else confirm this is the case? (I am also on Vectorworks 2023 SP1.)

See this post also: 

No answer yet from anyone from vectorworks confirming issue but it is obvious it is not working in vw 2023 since SP0... and still not fixed inSP1. Hopefully it is fixed in upcoming SP2 because for us it useless to move our work to 2023 version until is fixed.

• Like 1