Resizing fixtures in vision

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

No, The fixtures are real world sized, you would need to do this in Vectorworks prior to export to vision. You can replace the fixtures in vision for smaller and more compact units. I would not recommend scaling manufacturers content as it would no longer be accurate.

• Like 2
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It's sort of possible using a DMX transform node in Vision and scaling using DMX controls but my real question is why do you want to resize a fixture. Scaling will not change the optics or lens of the fixture.
As Tom said it would be better to use a different fixture that is the correct size.

• Like 2

Confirmation is required. It may be my greed, but the strip-type LED tape is different from the actual expression. For example, the Martin VDO Sceptron 10 (320mm/1m) looks different from real lighting because it doesn't affect the real environment. In fact, what I want is to influence the surroundings like an LED Bar. (Of course the light on the VDO will be soft though.)

ex.png

Edited by neurain