Symbol substitution within Twinmotion

DCarpenter

Long time VW user / script writer, and very novice Twinmotion user.

Curious question that I hope isn’t to much of a bother.  I’m curious if I have the ability to write a script/program in Twinmotion to substitute imported Vectorworks symbols with Twinmotion symbols from its internal library or user library.  My current VW symbol library doesn’t have any materials attached to its 3D components so using the functionality to substitute materials during the import process within Twinmotion isn’t very helpful.  I’m  hoping I can write a simple script to substitute symbols but don’t know if I have that kind of access or functionality within Twinmotion to do that.  Hoping someone might be able to offer some clarification to help guide my search in working Twinmotion into my workflow. 

Dave

2 minutes ago, DCarpenter said:

if I have the ability to write a script/program in Twinmotion to substitute imported Vectorworks symbols with Twinmotion symbols from its internal library or user library. 

Far above my horizon ....

But I recognized there is a way to replace imported Materials with TM Materials while import.

Great but did not try so far .....

But I sometimes had great problems replacing VW Tree Dummies with proper TM plants.

In my case the axes where changed and all trees lay on their side ....

Yeah, I know I could go through and replace the individual symbols separately, but that would take time.  Looking for an automated solution like the material substitution within the import process of Twinmotion, but for symbols.  I know I'm still a novice with Twinmotion, just trying to find solutions to minimize our time spent preparing a file, so we can focus on creating an awesome render.

3 minutes ago, DCarpenter said:

novice with Twinmotion

Maybe, but with another capable background and quite interesting.

If you have such capabilities, would it make sense to go directly to Unreal

with Datasmith (For me a monster of a software ...)

1 hour ago, DCarpenter said:

I’m curious if I have the ability to write a script/program in Twinmotion to substitute imported Vectorworks symbols

I think in this case @Pat Stanfordis the right person to explain what is possible from VW'S side .....

From the Epic side, I think their forum will provide help.