get rid off project sharing metadata diagnostics

matteoluigi

Question

Hi,

my colleagues are architects, not software engineers or network nerds. 

Afaik project sharing metadata diagnostics is just a workaround for cleaning a vwxp file from to much data from sending and managing file changes.

I hope, that sooner or later (hopefully sooner) project sharing metadata diagnostics will be obsolete.

thank you

16 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The metadata diagnostics is meant to be used by administrators. Administrators are not necessarily architects. 

The metadata diagnostics is one way to clear out previous commit information that is no longer needed. Clearing your metadata preserves your history, however. The alternative is to create a new Project File from your Working File, but you will lose all history in the Project File. 

Hopefully. It's in the "In Development" section of the public roadmap rather than the "Active Research" section, which says to me they're aiming for v2024. But who knows, it's a major undertaking. It will almost certainly be part of major release as it will require file format changes.

Edited by Christiaan
8 minutes ago, matteoluigi said:

8:20h off Video? (sure, the project sharing-part is about 3 minutes)

however, so, I won't be able to see the ending of the first "Rings of Power"-season during the next few weeks... damn... 😉

haha, yeah I don't think it was meant for presenting to anyone afterwards like this. It's just a recording of the entire live stream of Design Day UK.