walkthrough

Ziska

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Ziska:

Are you talking about the Walkthrough tool, or an exported Path movie? The walkthrough tool has to draw something faster than the RW modes in order to be interactive. If you're talking about exporting a movie, the movie will be generated in whatever render mode is current. The render mode for the saved views does not determine the render mode of the movie.

HTH,

your video card most likely is creating this behavior. the walk though tool normally uses the open gl renderer and depending on the complexity of the model, video card manufacturer, how much vram it has, etc. it may just drop back to wireframe. also some video cards work better with open gl rendring than others and maybe the driver may have to be updated. I wuold check it out on a simple model and if it works there then you might see how much vram you have. if it still is in wireframe then it might be the driver. the more vram the better

Hello Kurt and others,

I have this problem also. I create a simple room with one door, specify open GL, activate the walkthru tool, click on the drawing and it only moves around in wireframe. Is there some tool mode I am missing? My machine is only 1 1/2 years old but I'd think the card would be adequate. Can anyone tell this greenie how to determine if my card or virtual memory is inadequate or, in other words, how does one determine just what the inadequacy is? I would like to be able to walk-thru in Open GL. Thanks, bc