Enscape not working with Vectorworks 2023 (yet)

leecalisti

Question

After unsuccessfully trying to install Enscape in VW 2023, I found on Enscape's forum that the two don't work together yet. Is this true?

https://forum.enscape3d.com/index.php?thread/21777-vectorworks-2023/&postID=77782#post78128

How can this be? Who changed the coding to let this happen? They worked so well together. Is there something going on here?

These are the things that drive users crazy @Wes Gardner@Matt Panzer @KPrice. Does anybody have any answers. The Enscape forum said wait for SP1. What? SP0 just came out.

Sorry, I'm so frustrated: I have a new thing and I want to use it.

9 answers to this question

@Dave DonleyThank you. I have no problem with Vectorworks wanting us to use Renderworks, but no one can deny that high quality, on-demand, instant renderings that packages like Enscape, Twin Motion, and Lumion are hard to beat. Even with Cloud Services, getting a quality Renderworks view is hard to hold up to a decent Enscape view. Some prefer the style difference - I used Renderworks for years and years until 2020 when I discovered Enscape.

Otherwise, I'm a big Vectorworks fan.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I've got an issue whereby the Asset Library can't be launched from the Enscape Tool Set but can be launched from within the Enscape Renderer tool. This is only the case in VW2023 SP1 (AUS). I can launch the Asset Library from the Enscape Tool Set in VW2022 SP5. I've notified VW Aus Support and have also submitted a support ticket with Enscape.

• Like 2

Just letting you know that I've fixed the issue with the Asset Library not opening from the Enscape Tool Set. As mentioned, the tool set wasn't added to my workspace (despite having migrated preferences from 2022) so I added it manually. What I've done to fix it is I've added Enscape to my workspace using the Tools > Third Party > Enscape dialogue. Now I remember that was the way I had to add it when I first started using Enscape. I don't know why the manual method works for all Enscape tools except for the Asset Library, but it's working now so that's all that matters to me.

• Like 3