Set size of drawings

homework

Question

Everyone on this link is a pro! Sorry to ask a newbie question.

All my drawings have been 11 x 17 to fir my printer.

I now am require to produce drawings on 36 x 24.

When I try to set the drawing size, it shows up as 4 separate pages.

How do I set the drawing as one page?

Thank you for help

6 answers to this question

Page Setup Then check the Choose size unavailable in printer setup box and choose the page size you want from the pull down.

But this will not automatically shrink to fit your 11x17 printer when you print there. It will print on multiple pages that you can trim and tape together. Or possibly scale the print in your print dialog box if you need an 11x17 check print.

image.png.2da660496a0abfbe9af14fb16a3265b8.png

I need to lay out my drawings on a 36 x 24 paper.

I realize that my printer will print 11 x 17 maximum and will have the 36 x 24 commercially printed.

How do I set my drawing size? when I select

PAGE SETUP and enter 1 page horizontal / 1 page vertical

and the click Chose size unavailable in printer setupUS Arch D

Width 36 / Height 24

The pages show 2.1176 horizontal and 2.1818 vertica

The pages horizontal and vertical don't matter in this case. That is how many pages it would take to print using the currently selected printer and paper size.

When you Export or Publish to PDF there is an option for "Export whole printable range as one page". This will get you a single page PDF using your 36x24 paper size.

Or if you are sending the VWX file for commercial printing, they will change the printer to their larger printer/paper size and it will not matter.

If the page breaks bother you then uncheck the Show Page Breaks box in the Page Setup dialog box.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

The pages horizontal and vertical don't matter in this case. That is how many pages it would take to print using the currently selected printer and paper size.

When you Export or Publish to PDF there is an option for "Export whole printable range as one page". This will get you a single page PDF using your 36x24 paper size.

Or if you are sending the VWX file for commercial printing, they will change the printer to their larger printer/paper size and it will not matter.

If the page breaks bother you then uncheck the Show Page Breaks box in the Page Setup dialog box.