Drawing Label Tool

Styles were implemented in 2021 for a lot of the notation object.  This is a bit of a mixed bag, as you now need to juggle drawing resources for the different permutations that you need, but now also have a lot more ability to customize look and feel as well as information presented.  Personally, I find the new Drawing Label tool a bit too cumbersome and find myself using the legacy version instead.  I prefer to be able to make changes to the label from the viewport annotation rather than having to edit the Style resource, especially if I need a "one-off" label that needs to have something slightly different parameters than my general one, but I also see the benefit of the new system in terms of enhanced customization.

As a general tip/trick: Vectorworks very rarely gets rid tools entirely, they just remove them from the workspace and replace them with the newer ones.  If you go into the Workspace Editor and open up the Legacy category in the box on the left, you'll find a lot of the older tools.  I still often use the older Drawing Label and Drawing Border (I don't need a lot of the newer features to the Title Block Border, I have all of my title blocks built as symbols and ready to use with the old system, and I find that it much, much faster to edit than having to deal with the new Title Block Manager dialog).

• Like 1