Question

Recently ran into a problem in graphic legend referencing. In abstract, I believe the graphic legend tool has the ability to potentially eliminate drawing wall type details by about 50% if not more! Currently I am trying to use the Graphic legend tool to essentially do just that - create details for all the wall types, floor types, symbol types etc...to be used for current and future project in our office. I have succeeded in the most import aspects - extracting component and material information from these elements. There are just a few things missing - a scaling reference (one shown in GRAPHICLEGEND scale) and a number sequence for image cell numbers. It seems they already autopopulate the numbers given that each image can be previewed seperately as image cells (see below). These number can then be used as detail callout numbers from the plan (not necessarily referenced, but indicated / recorded).

I think this would be a huge timesaver for many people here.

image.png.03dbf0c4d41cf10e5261629a093c4cda.pngDATATAG COMPONENT CALLOUTS.vwx

My wish is to be able to extract this information into the dynamic text properties (i.e. #WS_Objectdata(GraphicLegend#, scale) or something similar,

and

#WS_Objectdata(Graphiclegend,cell number) or something similar.

But here is the prefinal result!

image.png.28c798d5aa675c048c15f59fab30b817.png

I'm attaching my reference file to show the remaining information that can be extracted from PIO's.

Edited by Samuel Derenboim
  • Like 4

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet