Sorting in DBconnection (sqlite or ODBC)

Samuel Derenboim

Question

ODBC and SQlite remote databases is a beautiful feature in VW. In BIM Software in reference to Architectural Drawings and the entire AEC Industry has possibly become more about referencing information than just simply drafting plans etc...

This is proprietary or generic information about building products, light fixtures, furniture, etc... Managing all of this information from a single source (VW) is extremely difficult. This is why ODBC and SQLITE in VW is so useful! If information can be referenced externally, it can also be Managed externally. Additionally, it can give VW an upper leg on competition with Autodesk Revit given that much of the informational libraries for Revit have been created by Manufacturers themselves. This however can apply record information to generic symbol library and expedite the process of creating massive symbol libraries.

These databases can become quite large given the number of proprietary and standard building products. This information can include a lot of information including but not limited to specifications! Currently there is not sorting feature in ODBC and SQlite window. My request is to simply at a sorting function for record information, possibly similar to the way record information is sorted in worksheets database connection. I'm not sure if this is a big ask, but I think this could start the implementation of standardization in offices large and small that use VW

image.png.a7779dfc445010e37aadcfbea28f5659.png

Edited by Samuel Derenboim
  • Like 2

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet