Trees on Site Models - Problem

Jack2022

Hi All,

I'm struggling to understand how trees work on site models. If I give a tree a Z value it doesn't correspond to the site model level. For the tree Z0 is Z0 but the tree either comes in way too low or high when I give it the same Z value as the site model. Is it something to do with send to surface? If I tell the tree to send to surface nothing happens. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jack

A Plant inserted over a Site Model will automatically Send to Surface but the resultant Z value will not be reflected in the OIP - not sure why. If you send other objects to surface the Z value changes accordingly. I often lower my trees by 100mm after inserting to ensure no part of the trunk is floating above the terrain which suddenly becomes apparent when you have shadows. Then it will say -100 in the OIP. And running Send to Surface will return the plant to the surface of the terrain + the OIP will show 0 again. So not sure why in your case Send to Surface is having no effect...