There is a problem when importing a set from Vectorworks to Vision.

Problems importing sets from Vectorworks into Vision.

Maybe it's a texture issue, but the texture imported from Vectorworks is not displayed in Vision.

For example, it is not possible to express shark tooth scrim or opaque glass, but if you know how to do it, please let me know 🙂

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It sound like you are using procedurally generated renderworks textures. VW does not support exporting these types of textures into any file format as far as I'm aware. So, any program that opens these files will not be capable of rendering them. This is more of a limitation of VW than Vision. Whenever you are planning on exporting a file with textures out of VW, you should follow some guidelines we've created:

While this guide is aimed at exporting to Vision, this really applies to exporting to any other program.

A few things to note:

Vision does not support partial transparency. Pixels of a texture are either fully transparent or fully opaque. Essentially, this is an alpha mask. So, something like opaque glass isn't possible as opaque glass is both opaque and transparent.

Also, the best way to do scrim is with an alpha mask that is mostly opaque, but has some small "holes" in it. We leveraged this tactic / technique in our Vision 2021 Demo file. The texture we used for the VW Transparency Image Mask is this one:

Kabuki gauzeMask.png

There is a LOT of information packed into that guide I linked. So, it may take some time to digest all of it. If you have any questions about the guide, please make a comment in that post and we'll do our best to answer there. This way, other forum users will benefit from the questions/answers/knowledge.

Hope this helps!