Laubwerk Plant Catalog

Oaktown

Question

I'm trying to get access to the larger Laubwerk plant catalog that is supposed to come with VW 2023 Design Suite but all I'm seeing is 5 species instead of the 145 species that are supposed to be included.  Does anyone knows how I can get access to the larger catalog?

1141885319_Screenshot2022-10-03at17_42_15.thumb.png.6ab7d91a26a3101ffa890153f3aa9643.png

9 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Oaktown The full content is automatically included if your license contains the Landmark product. Any other product will get those 5 default plants.

The Design Suit contains Landmark, and should list you the entire content.

Can you make sure the about box states Design Suit?

If so, then you can try deleting the cache at "<user folder>\Vectorworks\2023\Plug-ins\Data\Laubwerk" and use the Laubwerk tool again.

if you still cannot see the full content, please send me an email at vstanev@vectorworks.net

I am on VW Architecture only.

But I see much more than just 5 Plants - just not all ...

I mean it looks like I can see ALL Plants, but most do not show any Thumbnail,

but an "Okay" checkbox and are selectable.

Non satisfying, but this would only place a 2D Symbol in File.

So, as I can see more than 5 LW Plants - does that mean that my 2-3 LW Plant

Libraries which I already bought (for C4D at that time) will be automatically

recognized by VW ?

@zoomer Vectorworks will recognize Laubwerk catalogs that were installed separately. It also allows you to select an additional folder to be searched for laubwerk Catalog (a menu under the three dots at the top right corner of the Laubwerk Plant Catalog dialog)

As for the missing thumbnails, we'll check what's going on, they should show up even though the plants are located outside Vectorworks.

Thanks Vlado.

I have not purchased All plant kits.

It looks like I can see all my purchased plant's previews

(Not sure what I really bought - kit 1+2+5 ?)

as I have access to more than 5 plants.

I think the ones without preview are those which I do not own.

So I think it works well as designed.

@Vlado I just upgraded from VW Architect to VW Design Suite mostly in order to access these plants and am running into the same issue.  

I am on a mac and do not see how to get to that folder.  I can get to user\vectorworks2023\plug-ins but then do not see a data folder.  Can you advise and be specific about what you mean by 'clear the cache'?  Do I just delete the folder like @Oaktown did?

Also, I just emailed you about this from gb@gbresidentialdesign.com. 

Thank you,

Garrett

On 1/19/2023 at 3:19 AM, GarrettBurleson said:

@Vlado I just upgraded from VW Architect to VW Design Suite mostly in order to access these plants and am running into the same issue.  

I am on a mac and do not see how to get to that folder.  I can get to user\vectorworks2023\plug-ins but then do not see a data folder.  Can you advise and be specific about what you mean by 'clear the cache'?  Do I just delete the folder like @Oaktown did?

Also, I just emailed you about this from gb@gbresidentialdesign.com. 

Thank you,

Garrett

Did you get your answer Garrett?

It took me a decent amount of time (like an hour!!!) to find where the hell I could access the Laubwerk tool set from... then after randomly just clicking away searching, searching....success!!

Go to your Tool Set Palette

Click on the 3 horizontal bars that expands for additional menu options

Choose "Customise" - the last option on my list

takes you to the Workspace editor

My workspace name is Landmark ANZ (at the top) - because I'm in Australia - and click on the "Tool" radio button

You should have a long list tool sets below in alpha order.... go to L...and there's Laubwerk!!

Just expand the drop down arrow, choose the little icon and drag it into the other column - into whatever Tool Set your prefer... I dropped it into the Site Planning Tool, with the other planting tools. see screenshot attached.

Honestly, sometimes Vectorworks overlooks communicating the most fundamental parts of the "How to" meaning literally hours of wasted time and unnecessary frustration.

Now - I have to work out how to link the damn Laubwerk tool content to the Plant Tool, so all my database data is populated correctly.

for what it's worth.... I was expecting to be blown away by this new tool... have to say, I'm pretty underwhelmed. Very small selection of plants, barely a handful of Australian species and the only Eucalyptus included in the database is very poor indeed, and there's no way I'll be using that particular one with my clients (looks rather like a toilet brush). To be fair - I do have extremely high expectations. Glad I have my own database to fall back on.

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 5.17.43 pm.png

On 1/31/2023 at 1:29 AM, Sue CW said:

Did you get your answer Garrett?

Yeah, he managed to see it working. It was a question of cleaning his user folder, and he was able to see the content.

From what I see in your reply, yes if you have a custom workspace that is not based on Landmark or Designer, you'll have to add the Laubwerk tool manually.