Foliage and Plants in set/stage design

ryanesson

Hi all,

I've put this in 'workflows' as it seemed the most logical - however apologies if the wrong place.

I do set designs for a client that request the use of plants and foliage in the design which having played with plant insertion I am struggling to represent in vectorworks.

For example - I want to create truss rings that are dressed with foliage - see attached image - but I struggle to add the plants in VW and get it looking right. The plants I insert are typically image props and oversized for the purposes that I want to use. As I usually try to use multiple to create the fullness they create some weird artifacts when rendering when they foul each other.

They typically also can't be rotated due to being hybrid symbols if I want to reorientate them.

I am reasonably proficient on VW but haven't ever really used the foliage/plant elements before so would appreciate any tips or workflow suggestions.

IMG_2973 2.jpg