why Vectorworks does not update changes if I make a change in wall component offset?

TMM

I only edited the top and bottom offset of the wall material component, but the model does not update only if I replace the style to a different wall type first and replace it back! Then it is updated! Why is that?? 

(Ignore the class component of the materials...) 

The same situation applies to roof and slab edges offset in the material component. 

Untitled 27.jpg

@TMM if you edit the top/bot offsets in the OIP they will only affect the selected instance/s of the Wall. The style settings will remain unchanged.

If you edit the offsets in the style, they will only take effect in the model if you have 'Replace Heights' enabled in the Wall Replacement settings.

86229438_Screenshot2022-10-01at06_47_26.thumb.png.3890983b567e740146e3a48d9a290e18.png

It is not entirely clear from your posts what you have done.

Slabs behave slightly differently. In the style there are two sets of edge offset settings depending on whether you intend your Slab to be auto-bounded (associated with a set of Walls) or manual bounded (not associated with Walls). As far as I'm aware, editing these style settings after the fact will have no effect on the Slab in the drawing. You need instead to select the Slab + click on the 'Edge Offsets...' button in the OIP + edit the offsets manually. I tend to set all the offsets manually anyway as they generally differ from edge to edge rather than being the same all the way around + I don't auto-bound my Slabs to the Walls.

With Roofs however you should be able to edit the edge condition of Roofs in your model via the style. Roof Faces I find incredibly buggy when it comes to this but Roofs much more reliable.

Again better if you explain exactly what steps you're taking + the precise results you're getting + be easier to identify the issue.

• Like 1

I did edit the component offset in wall styles, but the wall does not update unless I replace the wall style to a different style and replace it back. 

I guess it is a bug. 

I wonder when you offset the edge of slab in the OIP, how do you know the edge number? Do you just guess which edge is which number? 

Thanks! 

3 hours ago, TMM said:

I did edit the component offset in wall styles, but the wall does not update unless I replace the wall style to a different style and replace it back. 

I guess it is a bug. 

But did you have 'Replace heights' enabled? And just to check: is your file set up to use Storeys?

3 hours ago, TMM said:

I wonder when you offset the edge of slab in the OIP, how do you know the edge number? Do you just guess which edge is which number? 

The edge is highlighted red in the edit mode for the Slab then you rotate through them clockwise I think. It's pretty easy to pick the edges you want. You can apply offsets for multiple components to multiple edges at the same time