Will there be a way to drive the projector in Vision?

Will there be a way to drive the projector in Vision? I checked the area due to the NDI output, but I tried using the projector symbol in Vectorworks, but it is recognized only as an area, not a projector. The projector should be buried in the projection the same as the light, but it is not expressed that way, so I ask a question.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Currently, Vision only supports the VW Projectors that act more like a screen area. It cannot actually cast / project a video from a projector.

This has been coming up more and more, recently. I think our content team even played around with trying to hack something up with our current capabilities by leveraging a video/ndi texture placed into a lighting device gobo wheel. I cannot remember how well this worked.

Because this has come up on more than a few occasions in the recent past, we've already started some discussions internally about how we may go about supporting this in a future version.

I am curious... Is your workflow simple enough that you just want to be able to cast projector video into the scene and that is all you're looking to accomplish? Or, is you workflow more complex and closer to something like projection mapping?