Structural member does not show the cross in it's rectangle in the section cut

TMM

Hi,

I have used the structural member to create a top plate but the section does not show the right cross line in the middle. But the shape profile setting shows the cross line in the rectangle. 

How could I show the cross line in the structural member and other joists? 

Untitled 21.jpg

Untitled 20.jpg

Another way to deal with situation like this is to utilise menu 'Edit 2D Components' from contextual menu by inserting user-provided 2D component into structural member object itself.  Front(and Back) Cut part.

You just need to be aware to have updated 2D graphic every time you change structural members shape type/dimension.

2D components can be regular 2D symbol.

1281333600_Snmkaobrazovky2022-09-30o9_45_34.thumb.png.af0c19f8ee528e4beeaca6ec12c3c27d.png

941771189_Snmkaobrazovky2022-09-30o9_46_13.thumb.png.db5070193cff3b9a2545141ab6788272.png

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, TMM said:

I am trying to edit the 2D components but it only allows me to edit the top/plan view of the beam, but what if I want to edit the section? Still possible? I want to add the X symbol in the section. 

Edit the Front (and Back) Cut as @drelARCH says

1719777545_Screenshot2022-10-06at17_45_15.png.f17b917205951923efa4f20e62eb677a.png

Add your own geometry or use 'Generate 2D from 3D Component...' command (right-click) 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, TMM said:

if i have 10 joists, could I edit 2d components all at once? Currently, I am doing one by one and copy paste them. 

Create the first Structural Member, add the 2D component, then duplicate the structural member: each duplicate will contain the 2D component. It doesn't look like you can save the 2D component as part of the style (if you are on VW2023)

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

I have tried adding what I want to "front (and back) cut" of an indvidual structural member's 2D components - but without any success - nothing appears in the section viewport.

However.... I don't think I'm going to spend time working out what I'm doing wrong, because as @Tom W. says above, it doesn't seem like this can be added as part of a style, so it's not very useful anyway.

I don't see why the section symbol can't just automatically be the same as the symbol you use for the "shape" when you make the structural member style.