Master drawing schedule of multiple files

JMR

I have not tried it myself yet but @Nikolay Zhelyazkov recently informed me in a post here somewhere that if you enable 'Create pages/multiple worksheets' on the 'Project Issue History' pane in the Title Block Manager, the Project Issue History worksheet will contain information from title blocks in external files as well as the current one. This requires you to use one of the predefined VW worksheets though.

• Like 1

Thanks. I tried the Title Block Manager but couldn't make it work/look the way I wanted.

I ended up using dirty tricks:

1. Created a drawing schedule "template" and copied the worksheet to all files and put it on a certain DL

2. Made viewport references from  each file to the master schedule file

3. Made viewports of the schedule DL viewports to a certain sheet layer and arranged the viewports tidily on the sheet

Caveats:

-Changes to sheet data have to be made in the individual files

-The individual worksheets have to be calculated within the files they are in

-The master schedule file references must be updated before publishing

It does work, though.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, JMR said:

Thanks. I tried the Title Block Manager but couldn't make it work/look the way I wanted.

I ended up using dirty tricks:

1. Created a drawing schedule "template" and copied the worksheet to all files and put it on a certain DL

2. Made viewport references from  each file to the master schedule file

3. Made viewports of the schedule DL viewports to a certain sheet layer and arranged the viewports tidily on the sheet

Caveats:

-Changes to sheet data have to be made in the individual files

-The individual worksheets have to be calculated within the files they are in

-The master schedule file references must be updated before publishing

It does work, though.

So do you mean six separate drawing schedules referenced into a single file + arranged together so that they resemble a single schedule? Would you be able to post a screenshot of the end result? I have done very little of this but will need to at some point (bring sheets from several different files into a single drawing issue register) so would be interested to see what you did. Thanks.

Yes,  Exactly so.

The referenced viewports of the schedules, on a design layer:

image.png.b26ca2bc17d879efcc311b8649a1df9f.png

The viewport-viewports on a sheet:

image.thumb.png.5b4968f41cb82c887cd03f4d80269889.png

The individual schedules need to be exact copies of themselves, otherwise the columns won't line up. First I tried to replace the existing worksheet in each file with the template that had the same name as the original; a bit surprisingly, this replaced the worksheet but not the column sizes. The solution was not to replace the original schedule worksheet but import a new one (the template) with a new name and use that. This way the column sizes stayed put across files.

The crops of the viewports are invisible and a bit larger than worksheets, this is to make it easier to notice if drawings have been added to schedules.

In this case there were ten referenced files.

• Like 1