Wall/Roof/Slab Component Centerline (for line types)

Samuel Derenboim

Question

With the addition of various materials and components, it would be nice to provide various hatches for insulation, (i.e. Rigid, friable, mineral wool etc... between centerline spacing) or various other configurations. I have attempted this with hatches and tiles. see below :

image.png.92a12cc4f2b8c43dafc40623a8bca2e1.png

When using linear configurations, the tile can reverse positions in plan like shown above. Tiles also have an inability to be exported as hatches to autocad. Something to note!

When it comes to hatches -

image.png.ae2326f87461972d9dd249616afb84f2.png

image.png.f7b67949561a1bf72174cdee64bc1b03.png

A good example of hatches do not tile appropriately because they do not have a starting point. Therefore if the wall moves, the hatch tiles differently (in both world view as well as page view). The good news it can export to dwg.

Last experiment included using offset custom line types along component lines (left of right). However this has a major flaw - line types are reversed when using different section wall views such as this.

Here is an example.

image.png.f716b970834afb32024f36cdecf84c93.png

The two section viewports are referencing the same wall type. However because the line type alignment is on one side, the line type reverses (as seen on the left) when the viewport switches direction.

As such, the request is to have the opportunity to provide a linetype for the Core or Centerline of the component to have a more variable ability to create wall styles\roof styles\slab styles\hardscape styles with linetypes that can be exported to autocad properly as well as beautiful looking wall styles. See example below

image.png.3ba6c08645a2682f3d20299a1ae8bc52.png

Given that vectorworks outputs the most beautiful construction drawings of any software I have used in the past, I would say this would make a nice addition with your approval!

Edited by Samuel Derenboim
  • Like 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet