How to create a texture of the thinset below tiles in the wall components?

TMM

Do you mean a texture that you will see in 3D when the outer tile component is turned off, or a Tile Fill that you will see in Top/Plan + section?

I don't know whether the thinset component in your screenshot is drawn-in geometry or whether it's already a Tile. If it's drawn geometry it's very easy to do this as a Tile instead.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, TMM said:

he wall component line overlaps in an unorganized way.

They graphically stack in ascending order based on the components.  I think if you want that blue line to go away, you will need to set the pen for that component to none.

It's kinda hard advising on these things from an image, perhaps you should attach a .vwx example.

2 hours ago, TMM said:

but my co-workers seriously insist to leave the blue line as a property in case they will need it in the future.

Edit your component graphics for....

Wood Stud Framing

• Left Pen - set to none

That will eliminate the line in question in this wall style without you messing with the class behavior.

Unfortunately, If you just want to see the studs at some point, you'll be missing the line until the left pen is set back to solid.... but that's a moot point given how you have classed your components as you currently do not have a method for showing the framing in isolation...

Unsolicited advice....When people go to the trouble of showing components, they usually class based on the construction material instead of graphic convention you have used here.  Something to think about, as you have painted yourself into a bit of a corner when it comes to extracting data and worksheets from your walls.

Hope it helps,

Jeff

• Like 1
7 hours ago, jeff prince said:

Just for the record, this can also be accomplished with a hatch for those following along at home 😉

Ha ha yes you can kind of do it with a Hatch, by aligning lots of thick lines very close together in bands so that they resemble solid blocks - I did this for something else I needed previously. Is that what you mean or do you have a different way? (wouldn't surprise me if you had!)

8 hours ago, Tom W. said:

Ha ha yes you can kind of do it with a Hatch, by aligning lots of thick lines very close together in bands so that they resemble solid blocks - I did this for something else I needed previously. Is that what you mean or do you have a different way? (wouldn't surprise me if you had!)

Something similar, but different.  I’ll post an example next time I visit a workstation.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

Thanks Jeff. I couldn't see how the hatch could be made to work in section but that might have been me... Plus it doesn't rotate with the wall...

This is my take on the hatch method, until I got bored of creating hatch levels...

That's a good point, with a hatch, you are just going to see it in plan or section..not both very well.

I think the only time one would really even want to see this is in Section, what a muddy mess it could become in Plan.