Newbie struggling with reports

Hazz

Hi guys, 

I am currently learning VW after moving from AutoCAD, and I'm hoping for some help with the reports. 

I've got several lighting pipes, which I've converted into hanging positions and attached lighting devices. 

I've used the total hung weight record and it includes the weight of the pipe, which is great if you're hanging the pipe as well. 

But if you are using venue pipe, the venue just wants to know how much you are putting on the pipe.

I've tried a few methods and ended up with the below, which is almost what I need, but not quite. 

Using criteria such as: if lighting device has position X. 

Using substring to remove the "kg" which means I can convert it to a value and then sum in the data base header. 

I really only want two columns and a row for each position in the report (plus headers). 

Position, Weight

Lighting Bar 1, 250kg

Lighting Bar 2, 311kg

I'm currently stuck with the database showing in the worksheet and then the sum only in the database headers. 

Its a bit of a work around, because I would need to duplicate this for each hanging position and append, unless there is a way to do it all at once that I'm not seeing.  

But the work around is ok if I can get the result. 

What am I missing here?

Hazz

image.png.6febb4f77142dfd30f6e320d33934d15.png

There is a little pull down in Row 3, Column A.  Click that, then choose Summarize Items.  A little Sigma symbol will appear in that pulldown.  This will collapse all the identical values into one row.

In Row 3, Column B, click that pulldown and choose Sum Values.  That puts a little plus in the pulldown.  (You ave already done this in column B)

If you had more than one lighting bar, it would be important to first sort column A, either ascending or descending to put all the like values together.

Amazing, thank you!

I was playing with the summarize items function and the sum initially but didn't have the SUBSTRING and VALUE function, which I learnt about from your replies to others on the forums. 

I'm glad I picked VW and not WYSIWYG!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Subrows are not addressable as they are dynamic.

The Database Header for that column should give you the sum of all the values. So in your case you should be able to just reference cell B2 (for example) and have it give you what you need.

It you have Columns SUMmarized, you may need to check the Sum Values box in the database header row for that column.

HTH