Viewport update taking too long

Marco Sirone

Question

2 answers to this question

-UPDATE-

Ive continued to work on the file, and just created a section and now it has become extremely laggy/slow just from zooming in and out while in the viewport. I'm not too sure what could cause this, Im working close to the origin, I don't think there's any objects that has a lot of polygons from what I know of and Ive restarted Vectorworks many times but still have not found a solution. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Attached is the updated file.

1691253096_KIARAPROJECT.vwx

I've tried opening the file in VW2022 on a mac and can confirm I see the same.

I see something that I also observe with some of my own files when I have problems which is something like a memory leak - memory usage in Activity Monitor just starts going up and up. Your file managed to prompt a "system has run out of application memory" warning and a crash of Vectorworks.

I had a look at one of the symbols in the file, this one

1725886412_Screenshot2022-09-26at10_07_38.jpg.f10f66bedc1bff1c0985546adaf1dc76.jpg

and noticed that trying to edit it prompted a long period of beach ball before it let me in to edit the 3d mesh. But the mesh is not obviously a very complex one. Tried deleting that symbol, but then retrying a section vport update still showed major lag.

Tried selecting all symbols in the model (to try deleting them all) but this action (using custom selection) caused a crash of VW.

It would be interesting to see if opening it in VW2023 is any better (I don't have 2023 at the moment) because it's supposed to have addressed some problems with slow update of sections.

*edit* on another attempt I managed to select & delete all symbols. After doing this, the sections updated fine. So I think it's one of the symbols that's causing the problems.

Edited by line-weight
  • Like 2