Units not changing in Resource Manager

HaveCamera_WillShoot

Question

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Pat Stanford said:

It looks like that is not dynamic data, but rather data that has been entered into a Record.Field format. Because it was entered in Metric units, it is going to stay in metric units. It actually looks like strings to me rather than numbers.

But I will let someone who actually uses Tomcat truss respond with more information.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. Though that may absolutely be the case, I find that odd! Haha. That truss info came from the pre-installed truss selection inside Vectorworks, and Tomcat is an American Company that manufactures in Tennessee. I find it odd that they'd by default have their information in there in metric.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Also all of the code for truss is in metric units so it is easier for the CAD Content team to work in metric because all of our internal scripts require metric units. You may find some manufacturer truss records that have imperial units but this is rare as it requires the team to have to convert units back into metric when do final setups before release.