Newbie to Renderworks

Thom

As a Landscape Architect, I have been using VW since 9.5, but am just recently started working with Renderworks. I am beginning to overcome many of the issues in working with textures etc. The one problem I have not been able to figure out yet, is how to make a texture out of a digital photo that looks right when applied to a surface. I can import it in and it looks ok until I apply it to a surface ie paving. Is there a secret to taking the photo so the scale works?

thks

[ 06-14-2004, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: tvetter ]

I have created the texture resource. The problem is that there seems to be no definition to the texture when applied to the surface. If I change the scale of the texture in the object info pallette, it will render like the created surface, only the scale needs to be too big for the surface it is texturing, ie a brick 7" x 7" representing old cobblestone, would need to be 7' x 7' to show up on the surface looking anything like the cobblestone I am creating.

Katie - see Mark, he has the dwg.