VW2023 Data Tag Issues?

BobPDX

Question

13 answers to this question

I spoke too soon !!!  In the attached file, on the only sheet layer I'm trying to attach Data Tags.  Simple Plant ID.  In some instances when I hover over the plant I get the red border and can attach the tag just fine.  In other cases, I don't get the red border around the plant or plant group and cannot attach a data tag.  A third scenario is if I hover over the first plant in a Poly-vertex placement mode, I don't get the red border around the group of plants but I can attach the tag to the first plant in the series.  If I select any other plant in the series, no red border and no tag attachment possible.

Thanks

Bob

D&M Stern v2023.vwx

I am also having this problem.  I can only edit plants I made with the older version of Vectorworks, the "Include on plant list" box is checked and I still cannot make or edit tags on the plants in question.  

It's making the program useless to me, since 100% of what we use Vectorworks for is planting plans.  Please help, I'm panicking at work.  I'm the only designer who uses the program and we're a small company, this is crippling.  

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 12/9/2023 at 8:36 PM, flowerpower said:

I'm up to date now with VW2023 S7. Unfortunately the problem still exists.
I wonder if the file has corrupted somehow. I downloaded 2024 yesterday to see if the Plant tags would work in that and it didn't.

- Thanks for testing this again. It might be that I have did something wrong while testing, as it was long time ago when I were able to see the issue. Can you make a screen recording showing the issue so that I can see what I should be looking for?