Data Tag - Plants snapping AGAIN

DSmith2300

Question

FAR OUT!!!!!  

YET AGAIN!!!!

SOOOOOOOOO MUCH FRUSTRATION!!!!!!

I want to put data tags in  the annotation layer of a VP.

I have about eight  species that I do not want to separate into different layers and turn off and on.

They are just "mass planting".   Full stop.

I want the data tags to recognise them by species not by the invisible footprint that their group represents.

WHY CAN'T THERE BE A WAY TO CYCLE THROUGH THE OVERLAPPING GROUPS TO SELECT THE ONE I WANT?!?!?!?!?!?!?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DSmith2300

5 answers to this question

OK so I've started separating the species into THEIR  OWN DOZEN LAYERS TO TURN THEM ON AND OFF FOR THE TAGS.

Which NOW mean that'll have to go mess around with the bloody worksheet schedules to count them all.

SO now instead of whipping through a layout and labelling plants I have to spend TEN TIMES THE AMOUNT OF TIME creating new design layers and turning them on and off for each species to label them and them and then go adding a whole bagful of new criteria for the work sheet to pick up to count them.

marvelous!

Edit:

Oh good... now I've realised that the worksheet counts can't handle the idea of a layer per species, which is a stupid idea anyway.

OK data tags can go to hell.

Back to the primitive and frustrating plant tags which end up being in the wrong orientation half the time and impossible to change last time I tried.

Nice. 

I'm almost ready to go back to AUTOCAD.

Apologies for my venting.

I was working late on a public holiday to try and get ahead of my workload, but VW was getting in the way of any progress.

This is an issue which needs to be addressed if data tags are being pushed to supersede plant tags. 

It's my humble opinion that various workarounds like switching layers on and off and putting the the tags in a multitude of layers  / classes is merely avoiding the core problem.