Wall closure setting

TMM

Hi have watched a tons of threads in the forum, but could not get my project to work. 

The edge of of my wll does not wrap the window! 

How do I change it?  

I have changed the wall closure setting to let the componnet wrap, but nothing happend! 

Also, how do I wrap/cap the top of the wall where it is exposed? 

PS: one of the thread mentioned to change the window wall insertion/enclosure setting, but I do not see the option after editting the window style. 

Screenshot - 2022-09-21 00.13.11.png

Screenshot - 2022-09-21 00.13.04.png

Screenshot - 2022-09-21 00.12.34.png

7 minutes ago, TMM said:

Now my remaining question is how to control the wrap of the top face of the wall? 

I think you will need to model this separately as a Slab object... You should be able to create a Slab with the same components as the Wall (i.e. minus the core) + set up the wall + slab offsets such that the components intersect as they should + it looks correct in section if that's what you're looking for. However, does your building really have freestanding walls like that with no roof or ceiling...?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TMM said:

why the wall fails to wrap the edges of the door even though I did the setting same as the window? 

I don't know enough about Wall Closures to help I'm afraid. I often find them quite hard to get the results I want, especially with windows: if you're using a built-in sill that effectively rules out using Wall Closures as far as I can see. Unfortunately. However be interesting to see if + how things have changed in VW2023.

As for your doors if you want to post the file I'd be happy to take a look - and maybe learn a bit in the process...

Haha, when I was saving the file to show you this puzzle! I just realized that the bottom of the door that exposes the inside of the wall is actually the top face of the wall from a lower floor level!

I am very sorry for this confusion but I think I have figured this out!   Thank you so much Tom!! 

• Like 1