Graphic Legend with Custom Plugin Objects

Stephen Sorenson

Question

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I've been testing out the new graphic legend with the hopes of using it in combination with my custom plugins to count them. I want to see if anyone else is having issues with custom Vectorscript or python plugins. But the basic idea is that whenever I try to set the custom object as a source it will insert, but a copy of each instance of the object will show up at the insertion point of the graphic legend at full scale. it does seem to only happen with the plugin objects, all built in VW tools that I tested appear to work correctly - but I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to fix this or if I have to let Vectorworks fix the graphic legend tool to make this work.

Windows 10 Home Build 19044

Vectorworks 2023 SP0

i7-6800k

32GB DDR4

RTX 3070

1 answer to this question

This was posted awhile ago, but I'm running into the same problem. Here is a table & chairs created with the default Table&Chairs plugin tool. You can see the Graphic Legend highlighted behind it. It seems to be a bunch of shapes to make up the plan view of the tables. When I delete the shapes it deletes the Graphic Legend itself. 

image.thumb.png.869a78a6f398da240edb4f19e74d462c.png