Multiple Renderings

JJG

How, using separate layers or layers links I presume, do you render say four perspective views of the same project simultaneously on a single (cover) sheet from within the same file? I do not want to have to rely on importing high res picts. Final Renderworks will render only one link / layer at a time and turns the rest of the sheet all white?

• 3 weeks later...

Pbody2134,

quote:

Originally posted by Pbody2134:

How, using separate layers or layers links I presume, do you render say four perspective views of the same project simultaneously on a single (cover) sheet from within the same file? I do not want to have to rely on importing high res picts. Final Renderworks will render only one link / layer at a time and turns the rest of the sheet all white?

If you are concerned with heavy duty full color rendered views - the export Image, reimport the image (with a possible trip through PhotoShop in the middle if desired) and move, nudge drag or paste it where you most like it to be - method works the best.

For simpler views, Here's what I did in VW prior to v11 and teach my mentees and trainees to do in VW prior to v11. This works good for Isometrics and Elevations rendered in hidden line or similar mode.

1. Make a separate layer to overlay the cover sheet - this prevents mistakes.

2. Make a selection of layer links in Plan View of what you want to appear in the rendering.

3. This will appear as a locked set of links. Make sure that all of the locked items are selected and choose Edit>Unlock.

4. Group the unlocked links. Duplicate the group for as many views as you need.

5. Set the view parameters for each group by rotating them in plan view to the desired view angle and use Tool>Move>Move 3D to set differing heights relative to z so models do not overlap.

6. Finally change the projection to View>Standard>Front and render the items.

7. Setting to perspective mode introduces some interesting efffects - your building could look like it is in a neigborhood view with some near and some farther away buildings.

Separating each view on a different layer promotes better individual view control.

Does this help you out any? I admit is is a simplified step by step list.

Compared to the Views feature of v11, the above is a time consuming way to create more than one view.

Using v11 one could simply create a view -set its layers classes and 3D view parameters, then copy the view several times and spread arond the sheet. Finally a simple resetting of the view direction in the view window object infor palette creates multiple renderings - even using multiple kinds of renderings -say one full color and five uncolored hidden line views. The combinations are up to your imagination and can be set very fast after getting the first window set up. THe perspectives could all be based on different size Viewports and differently scaled Viewports. Such as a closeup of the front entry door, mixed with an overall view of the entire buildnig, an aerial perspective view of the whole site and maybe even a couple interior "photo op" shots.

Oops! I haven't left you enough room on the title/cover sheet to put the project title and drawing index on! [Wink]

• 2 weeks later...

You could also try the crude/lewd method of using the Render Bitmap tool. View your scene in your desired perspectives, and use the RB tool to create a bitmap rendering that stays on the sheet. You can copy/paste the bitmap anywhere you like and resize it appropriately. Any sheet containing rendered bitmaps can be exported as an image using the export image file method.

Dan J.

http://www.imageprops.com