Shortcut

chiaranep

Hello everyone
I have a question for all of you and I hope you can help me.
I am currently working in Germany and learning Vectorworks. This means I know all the german shortcuts.
When I use Vectorworks at home, using an english version, all the shortcut are totally different. Sometimes I just know the shortcut and not the command. This makes me really confused. Is there a way to set my vectorwork as the german one? Or is it maybe because now I am using vectorworks 2022 instead of 2021?
Thank you very much 🙂 

The shortcuts (and much more) are set by your Workspace.  I'm not sure if there are Workspace compatibility issues between the German & English versions, but typically you can copy your Workspace from one machine to the other.  Look for a .VWW file, which could be in the application folder, user folder, or workgroup folder, depending on the setup.  On a Mac you can find this via Tools->Workspaces->Workspaces...->Reveal in Finder.  I'm not sure what the Windows option is, but I assume it's similar.

A slower method would be to customize your home Workspace per:

https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2022/eng/VW2022_Guide/Start/Customizing_workspaces.htm

I don't know if you can use the German workspace directly in the English version.  I know there are a number of tools/commands that exist in the German (Computerworks) version that are not standard in the English (Vectorworks) version.

My recommendation would be to start with the English default workspace that appears to be closest to the German version and then modify it to be even closer to the German version.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Hi, 

Currently i am staying here in Germany and i need to start learning vector works. One of my friend told me to start learning with deutsch version as he mentioned some differences between English and deutsch version.

my question is IS there any English tutorial for the deutsch version of vector works? Or Should i just start with english version?

If you profit from english tutorials, just start with VW US.

(I do not think there are (m)any english Tutorials about german VW)

The few different Tools and workflows between DE and US shouldn't be such a problem.

It may be more of a problem to follow the tutorials while most tool's names and terms

are localized in the VW DE.

So in that case you could even learn a VW US with english Tutorials first, once used to VW,

start getting used to VW DE terms and few extra Tools that might slightly change your

workflow in a few areas.