RenderWorks 11

Sean:

Thanks for professional response. Yeah, I knew that "5 days" was some marketing guys hype & jive. But I had to throw that in. When Lightworks hypes their stuff as to be so easy to implement and to add the lastest technology ( radiosity?), it kind of makes you wonder whose zoomin who. Other simlimar programs to VWKS (as posted on Lightworks web pages use their AEC pack ( they said it included radiosity)) seem willing to pay the licensing fees and their users get the good stuff integrated right into their programs. My personal frustration is that I have spent lots of money and years following Diehl Graphsoft's and or NNA's recomendations to go to other programs when I wanted a better renderer and have gotten less than satisfactory results. Not with the output necessarily, but with the process to get there. And having multiple programs to upgrade, multiple tech support people, and the all to often line "it must be the other guys program that is causing the problem, sorry can't help you", it gets frustrating and not productive. I like Renderworks and I think NNA does a great job in integrating it into VWKS. And the workflow is smooth and efficient. But as it is now, depending on which program you go to (C4D, Artlantis, Strata, Maya?) you have to be sure to organize your classes per their import recomendations, forget about applying textures in renderworks because they do not translate, convert nurbs to polygons, convert to group your parametric symbols, deal with weirdness in geometry from the import, weird texture mapping issues, scale issues, oops the change the model geometry, back to VWKS, export again, recheck the textures, etc, etc. hours of additonal work. I would rather give NNA the money. I know you guys can do it. It would be so efficent and Lightworks makes it sound so easy, to just hit the Radiosity render button and walk away (for 24 hours?).

Kurt:

I agree 100% with your comments (especially those directed towards Tom). Just to add-all the people that use VW aren't architects and people have to progress otherwise go back to minicad 7 with just line and shaded renderings.

Sean:

I disagree with your statement about the AEC pack-it does include advanced rendering and global illumination (http://www.lightwork.com/lw_aec_pack_4.htm).

I use renderworks and I wasn't survuyed so I think that survey was directed towards a certain group of people and wasn't diverse enough (I could be wrong).

Respectfully

Shaun

quote:

Originally posted by Shaun:

Sean:

I use renderworks and I wasn't survuyed so I think that survey was directed towards a certain group of people and wasn't diverse enough (I could be wrong).

Shaun,

Now is as good a time as any. What are the three top ways we could improve RenderWorks for your use?

Thanks,

Sean

Thanks for asking Sean, they would be

1) Radiosity with HDRI

2) Volumetric Lighting

3) Depth of field

I am working with version 10 and decided that v11 is of no use to me so hopefully these can be included in release 12. If so I will be first in line.

Thanks, Jershaun.