VW 2023 Shaded Options are grayed out

luiza_finger

Question

22 answers to this question

Took me about two hours today to realize that VW2023 is working normally without grayed out Shaded Options today.
I have no idea what was the difference from yesterday to today. Only thing I can think about was rebooting the computer.
I installed VW2023 yesterday and started using right away, without rebooting. Maybe it needed to refresh something.
Just leaving this post here in case someone stumble upon this later on.

1 hour ago, luiza_finger said:

Only thing I can think about was rebooting the computer.
I installed VW2023 yesterday and started using right away, without rebooting.

I did so too without issues on my Mac.

But I read some others recommending to always reboot after installing a new VW Version.

The other thing I was thinking before,

maybe VW 2023 used the onboard graphics instead of the dedicated Nvidia card and

VW deactivated unsupported feature settings (?)

But not sure why it would switch/repair just because of a reboot.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 hour ago, luiza_finger said:

Took me about two hours today to realize that VW2023 is working normally without grayed out Shaded Options today.
I have no idea what was the difference from yesterday to today. Only thing I can think about was rebooting the computer.
I installed VW2023 yesterday and started using right away, without rebooting. Maybe it needed to refresh something.
Just leaving this post here in case someone stumble upon this later on.

Hello @luiza_finger I think what happened here is that there are a couple system libraries installed for Renderworks which are normally already on the computer, and these required a reboot for Renderworks to be launched in your session.  We do not force a reboot with the installer, we can consider adding it when those libraries are not installed already.

I have tried 2023 again after updating my BIOS. I updated graphics drivers. I have latest update for Windows 10.  My desktop still does not render textures ... Does ANYONE have a solution?  Is there any technical support for this? I really would like to use 2023, especially since it has been paid for.....

image.png.23ea0f8639a9829f400b6fc132addb36.png

I have tried 2023 again after updating my BIOS. I updated graphics drivers. I have latest update for Windows 10.  My desktop still does not render textures ... Does ANYONE have a solution?  Is there any technical support for this? I really would like to use 2023, especially since it has been paid for.....

image.png.23ea0f8639a9829f400b6fc132addb36.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Shortnort I did see your posts and was thinking about why this might happen.  Renderworks features like textures rely on Maxon rendering from Cineware, which is a version of Cinema 4D.  Cinema 4D's requirements are the same as for Cineware in Vectorworks.  Vectorworks is using version S26 by the way. 

The system requirements for Cinema 4D/Cineware S26 on Windows are:

Operating System

Windows:

Windows 10 Version 1809 or higher - or Windows 11

Intel 64-bit CPU or AMD 64-bit CPU with AVX support

8 GB RAM, recommended 16 GB

Windows:

Minimum: NVIDIA Maxwell GPU, AMD Polaris (AMD GCN 4), Intel Kaby Lake or newer supporting DirectX 12 with feature level 11.0

Minimum GPU Driver: NVIDIA 461.40, AMD 21.3.2, Intel 27.20.100.9168

The GPU/video driver/version requirements should not be as relevant for Vectorworks because those requirements would be for C4D main window and Vectorworks doesn't use the C4D windowing.

I am wondering about the Windows 10 version 1809 or higher and the CPU AVX support requirements.

Something to try on this machine would be to install the C4D demo version and see if it works on your computer.  If so then Renderworks should as well.  The Vectorworks installer includes some necessary system libraries for Cineware, but you said you already re-ran the installer here.

https://www.maxon.net/en/try

• Like 1

Thanks, Dave.  It could possibly be my processor - AMD Phenom II x6 1075 3 Ghz does NOT have AVX support.

It sure would be nice if Vectorworks would actually come out and state that AVX Support IS REQUIRED... After updating the operating system, changing to SSD drives, updating power supply, adding RAM and upgrading my graphics card I find that my processor isn't compatible and I will probably now have to purchase a new Motherboard.....

I would have just built a new system before piecmealing my existing machine... I am a small practice and have minimal resources to upgrade my hardware and software as many in VW are.  This update, with all its bells and whistles leaves me in the dust forever, I assume.

I had the same shock just now.   I just loaded VW 2023 for Mac (I always wait for the new year to see if they get the bugs out).  I had all my kitchen cabinets - that looked great in 2022 - not showing any articulation....very grayed out.  I noticed all my doors were showing detail, but my cabinet texture had been set on a degree of "glow" reflectivity.  I changed the reflectivity and it's all working fine again.  I hope this helps someone.