Renderworks/Spotlight query- Distributor

mali

Hi,

We have customer in South Africa with the following query. What can we tell them about any new possible features in the works that may address his problems so we can keep them as a Vectorworks customer.

Regards,

Mali

CADAFRICA

-------

?

We are a lighting company in South Africa and we have been using Vectorwork,Renderworks and

Spotlight for about 4 years now. I also been on your course in Las Vegas.

?

VectorWorks/Spotlight/Renderworks?is one off the best design combination?packages I have ever

seen and ever work on. However times are changing and technology is changing, in the Lighting

industry a virtualizers is become fast imperative to have, something like Martin Show Designer,

Capture or the famous WYSIWYG. A program where you can you your lighting design in and the

can start doing some programming on the virtualizer using real lighting desk. Now you can also see?

what your design is going to look like. The most important factor with the virtualizer is the fact that?

you can?use your original lighting design, generate the paper work and the?start programming offline,

it just save so much time.

?

Also when we do renderings of lighting on set and shows, we can not render the light beam travel

thru the air as you would see in real live on a stage with smoke. In the competitive industry we find

ourselves in we need to stay on track with our competitors. Our competitors are using products like MSD

and WYSIWYG which are lighting/show design products. Don't get me wrong Renderworks is by far more

superior in rendering realistic texture (close to photo quality) than any other program, but the only thing

that?it is?sort off is the ability to render light beams traveling thru smoke.

?

The reason for this mail is that we must upgrade in the near future, and we need to make a decision if we

are going to stick with Vectorworks or if we are going to try a new product that will for fill that other needs

It will be a sad day for me if we have to stop using Vectorworks because? I still believe that is one off the

best program, it is just so unfortunate that the two aspect that Vectorwork are sort off are so crucial in the

lighting design and presentation industry.

?

Can you please let me know if any of this features will be included in later addition of Vectorworks, Spotlight

and Renderworks or if they are already included and we've been miss informed

?

Hope to here from you soon

?

Kind Regards

?

Francois van der Merwe

------------

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello mali:

You should post this on the Distributor mailing list. I cannot discuss what features will be implemented in future versions.

Note though that volumetric shadows are already noted as one of the top wishes for the Spotlight/RenderWorks combination.