Lights stop outputting

Hi,

From time to time lights stop outputting light. In the most recent file I am working on all the lights I have working when I loaded up the show (Sharpies, Vipers, JDC-1's). After a period of time the Sharpies stopped outputting light. They still pan, tilt etc but no light output. Quitting Vision and reopening fixes the issue.

I am using the standard Vectorworks fixtures (not GDTF), and selecting the fixture in the Scene Graph also doesn't make it light up.

I have experienced this a number of times on different project files.

@DBLD I've had some trouble when working on really heavy scenes.  When I have a ton of emitters (usually with ColorForce 72s and X4 Bars) and push my computer a little too hard, I'll start having sources drop out, and the only way to get them back would be to close and reopen Vision.  On my last laptop, I had an issue where if I turned on ANY lights before rendering a video, seemingly random sources would not render at all.  I got to the point where I would regularly restart the program, and, after finishing the work and rendering out a video, I would restart before recording the DMX stream, and would restart before rendering making sure that DMX was disconnected and that I would not accidentally click on a light.  Just load the DMX stream and go right to rendering.  If I did anything to produce a beam, I could not reliably get a rendered  video with all sources.

@jcogdellI am using MA2 OnPC connected with the ACT plugin. Next time it arrises I will test with different console software with Artnet or sACN.

@Jesse CogswellI hear what you are saying but this is a far less complex scene to what I have had running in the past, but it certainly could be a factor. In saying that the scene had 24 x Sharpies, 12 x Vipers and 12 x JDC's so its not massive.