Moving devices breaks schematic

nickMUGS

Hey everyone,

Has anyone come across the problem of moving or shuffling connected devices around and their connections break or stay in one spot or unable to be edited? 

I even have external sockets that cannot be connected to, even when using the 'connect selected' command. Basically, if I move anything around after being connected I have to start all over again. What's the fix to this?

Cheers

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Nick,

Sorry I can't reproduce this based on that alone. I did try but my circuits are staying obstinately connected. I will need the actual file perhaps you can PM me a dropbox link or something. Also I will need to know the Vectorworks version and the platform (Mac or Win). We will track this down as soon as we have the details.

Conrad

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This issue stems from the fact that the external socket graphics are circles. Vectorworks does not register a click inside an arc or a circle as a click on the object - you can understand the rationale for that in the context of architecture but it throws off ConnectCAD socket detection. In Vectorworks 2023 this does not happen from what I see. If you are on a lower version you can easily fix this by editing these symbols.

Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 08.27.14.png

All you need to do is draw a line across the diameter of the circle and send it to back so it doesn't show. With some geometry inside the circle Vectorworks finds it every time.

Hope that helps.

Conrad

• Like 1