OT: Cinema 4D question

Kristen

Hi... I know there are some Cinema 4D experts out there. My boyfriend just purchased this program. He has a G4 running OS9.2. After the initial installation, all seems well, except that all the menu pull-downs are blank! Demo files render beautifully using keyboard shortcuts, but the program is basically unusable without the pulldown menus. Just thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone in the VW world had any insights.

Thanks,

Kristen

Sounds like either a lack of memory (C4D is memory hungry, don't use it with less than 256 MB Ram installed - just check the application info and you'll see what I mean) or a lack of enough graphic power (graphics card).

I've got the same problem on an old G3 with 160MB of RAM. To have a completely correct answer: post your question here:

http://www.maxoncomputer.com/support_form.asp

Cheers,

BaRa

[ 02-12-2004, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: BaRa ]

Thanks, BaRa. That was one of our suspicions. The computer only has 128MB RAM, which is listed as the minimum system requirement. He figured that meant that he might not be able to do anything complex, not that he wouldn't be able to use the program! But I guess it could be worse; memory isn't that expensive.

Did you ever have any luck with your G3? Do you have another computer that runs the program well?

Thanks for the tech support address, too. I'll pass it on. Too bad Maxon doesn't have a great tech support board like Nemetschek!

-Kristen

Hi Kristen,

It works fine on all other computers at the office - both PC's and Mac's. But in every single case with at least 256MB.

There is no official C4D tech list, but there are great user fora. A couple of possibilities:

- www.postforum.com (subsection Cinema 4D)

- www.creativecow.net (subsection Cinema 4D)

- www.cgtalk.com (subsection Cinema 4D)

The last on is my favorite one, but that's of course a personnal preference [smile]

Cheers,

BaRa

[ 02-12-2004, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: BaRa ]