Why Don't my ImageCels textures work in VW 10?

johncruet

VW 10.5 with RenderWorks on mac OS X 10.2.8

This is a real letdown!

For example, the horizontal siding texture in ImageCels renders out in Final RenderWorks as a muddled mess of circles and diagonals. That didn't happen in VW 8.5.

Even the brick texture in Renderworks that was furnished with the program didn't render properly, rendering as a brick red almost solid mess.

Also, I tried editing the windows created with the Window maker resource using classes to make the objects transparent and the result that came out was a window with transparent frames and glazing. Terrible, really terrible!

I now have to resort to creating windows from scratch to get what I want. VectorWorks has seen better days! [Mad]

What type of mapping do you have set ?

It sounds like you don't have planer or permeter mapping set by cylider or sphere mapping.

(Click on the mapping button in the OIP palette>Textures tab)

Thanks for the tip.

Meanwhile, here's an illustration of the problem:

-

Note on the right is the texture "brick" from RenderWorks.

On the left is the texture "Brick" from ImageCels.

On the Right is the Window as configured from the plug-in.

On the left is the window configured from the plug-in with class attributes applied.

[ 01-30-2004, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: johncruet ]

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

What type of mapping do you have set ?

It sounds like you don't have planer or permeter mapping set by cylider or sphere mapping.

(Click on the mapping button in the OIP palette>Textures tab)

Neither cylinder nor sphere mapping give the desired result. It is currently on the "plane" mapping. (check image on previous response)

My image originally showed on the board; I may have done something illicit by trying to show an image in my post.

If the image doesn't show, I'd be happy to email you the image with the attachment that clearly shows the problems if you like.

Sorry.

[ 01-30-2004, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: johncruet ]