VWX 2022 Cloud Render Fonts

dnhopper

Question

When I cloud render a file with a custom font VWX keeps kicking back that it can't find the font. However when I log into my cloud page and look to see if the font exists it does (pref>fonts>view>available fonts>custom fonts).

I have renamed the fonts. Made sure they are added to VWX Cloud folder and elsewhere in my Dropbox (full integration). I have deleted it from my system and re-added it tried other custom fonts (same behavior), shut down VWX and Cloud Services app.

Has anyone else run into this issue and found a way to fix it?

VWX 2022 SP 4

MBP 16" M1 Pro 2021.

1 answer to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @dnhopper,

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulties making custom fonts work with Vectorworks Cloud Services. One requirement is that the font files need to be placed on the same cloud storage where the .vwx file is stored. So if your file is stored on Dropbox, the fonts need to be on Dropbox, and you need to select "Store on Dropbox and Process on Vectorworks Cloud" in the Publish dialog:

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 2.35.55 PM.png

If this doesn't help you, please send me a direct message with a link to your file in Dropbox and the names of the fonts that are not being found. With this, I would be able to investigate the issue and try to help you with making it work. Trying to Publish from a simple file with custom fonts from my Dropbox worked for me, so I need to look into your specific scenario. Are the fonts you uploaded converted from a different format before uploding to Dropbox? Often, I find that the reason for custom fonts not working is due to conversion. I am able to fix the issue of this kind by editing the font metadata with a font editing tool.  

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

• Like 1