Migration Manager ??

Every VW update I run Migration Manager. Does Migration Manager transfer all the old stuff (textures, trees, vehicles, chairs, appliances) into the updated version?? Do I have to go through and look through the resource files and check?

If yes then why do I have to download content with Vectorworks Package Monitor after every update. Seams like a waste of time. I have an old versions of VW 2021 and 20 sitting in my application folder waiting for me to go through it to make sure I transfer useful content.

Migration Manager offers options, about what to migrate or not.

e.g. Workspaces or not, Workgroup Libraries, .....

I usually do my Workgroup Libraries manually by batch Convert, after cleaning up.

So it is wise to only migrate/convert really custom specific stuff not delivered

from VW by separating them in special Folders.

And better just reload/download all VW delivered Default or Subscription Library stuff

for a new VW Version again in your new VW 20XX Workgroup Folder .....

Migration Manager is only necessary when moving between versions (2022->2023 for example).  You do not need it for service packs.

Package Manager downloads changes to the Default Content and Object Styles that were changed between service packs and any new content that might have been added by a service pack.

Migration Manger does the conversions necessary for your files to operate properly with the new file format that normally accompanies a version change.

Package Manager handles updates and additional to resources.

HTH

So I think the answer NO. The  migration manager only migrates basic stuff. That's why we need to download the resources one  would need for NEW documents. The old docs have the resources used built in. I will do as ZOOMER suggested make a folder with custom resources. It’s not really migration like Font Doctor which can sort fonts and put them in order. Amazing!