need tutorial for rendering

domer1322

Can anyone recommend a good tutorial on using Renderworks 10.5? I've found the manual is way too elementary and does not cover the details. Specifically, I can't find instruction on how to get the shaders/textures to reflect light correctly. When editing textures, there are a lot of terms that are not in the manual and I still can't figure what "phong" is.

PS: Nemetshek... in my opinion your time is best spent on making everything work well and writing good, detailed manuals (even if you would just post them on the website it would help). There are already more features than I can figure out how to use, but an exhaustive texture library and more prop objects would be a big help.

Yes domer, the manuals certainly could be a lot better, but as a small conselation, thet're far from the worst..... ;-(

I can't help you with free tutorials I'm sorry, but as for Phong; it's a surface with a satin sheen. Name...........??

RW10.5 has many textures. to add them to your file you are supposed to go to the resource browser/resources/find resource on disk/ and drill to the textures which are in the object libraries folder in the VW folder.

But it doesn't work................

Instead go to the resource browser/files and folders/add new favorite files/ and then drill to the same place.

Select the folder you want and this will then appear as a "favorite" in the top drop menu in the resource browser.

Right (control) click on an individual texture to add it to your file.

hth

N.

ps: Amen to

quote:

in my opinion your time is best spent on making everything work well

;-)