Auto-Numbering by position…how effective is it?

mjm

50 minutes ago, MrTemplate said:

Hi mjm;

I only see the movie of Josh's Savvy Sequencer?

Hi @MrTemplate—I guess the Autonumbering part, which is first, goes by too quickly. My apologies. The very first action which occurs is the cursor sliding frame R to the Spotlight Auto Numbering tool, the cursor clicks & if you watch closely, you will see the deeply incorrect numbering executed by that tool. That is followed by the menu choice of Savvy sequencer, etc.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The Spotlight numbering tool numbers the cells in the same order they appear in the OIP. This is determined by the stacking order of the cells inside of the symbol.
If your cells are not numbering in the correct order edit the symbol, overlap the cells slightly so you can see the stacking order and then use send forward  or send backward to get them in the correct order then align them again.
If you are using one of the symbols shipped with Vectorworks please let us know which symbol so we can correct it for everyone.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, klinzey said:

The Spotlight numbering tool numbers the cells in the same order they appear in the OIP. This is determined by the stacking order of the cells inside of the symbol.
If your cells are not numbering in the correct order edit the symbol, overlap the cells slightly so you can see the stacking order and then use send forward  or send backward to get them in the correct order then align them again.
If you are using one of the symbols shipped with Vectorworks please let us know which symbol so we can correct it for everyone.

@klinzeyYes, I'd already forgotten that. The prompt is much appreciated. Rendering a different project atm, but can't wait to dive in.

@klinzey @mjm @scottparker An inherent issue with cell numbers is that they traditionally follow unit number rules, which are respect to SL

and plaster, while VW cell order remains constant with respect to the fixture’s origin, with no regard to orientation. 
There needs to be some discussion on cell order standards. There likely need to be an OIP toggle to reverse the cell order, as well as selection highlight of the active cell.