Finding New Textures 10.5

TIMPOPUK

Im having trouble accesing the new textures in 10.5.

I have only just discovered all the new textures that have come with my 10.5 update.

However The only way I seem to be able to get at them is to open up the file, "Metals, Plastics, Glass.mcd" for example and then import them into the file i'm using.

This is fine really, now Ive found them, and may well be the way I am supposed to do it.

But I expected them to appear with the other items shown in the window after going via:-

? Resourse Browser

? New resource in 'file ?'

? Create Resource & select Renderworks texture -

?Click on obj attribute in the edit texture window and a drop down window appears with various textures in it.

But not the new ones??

Is this correct. or have I lost the plot.

Its Top program by the way!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by TIMPOPUK:

The only way I seem to be able to get at them is to open up the file, "Metals, Plastics, Glass.mcd" for example and then import them into the file i'm using.

You can make it a "favorite", and it'll always be accessible in the resource browser. Open that file once, then click on the right-pointing arrow to the right of "Files and Folders" on the resource palette. Then select "Add Current To Favorites." Then, every time you open VectorWorks, it will be accessible in the resource browser.