Revision Bubble Tool

The Hamma

Question

4 answers to this question

Yes using a data tag is far superior to the rev marker tool. You can customise it to suit your own preferences. A nice set up is to have a class for each revision number with the class description being the rev number. The data tag is set up to display the class description of the object it is tagged to so if a rev cloud is on class Rev A and you change it to class Rev B then the data tag marker will change.

• Like 2

Nice to learn that the VW Libraries have incremental & non-incremental Revision data tags.  I just edited one to use my fonts & Styles, and removed the Revision Marker tool from my Workspace.

NOTE: The Data Tag is looking for a Revision Cloud to tag, so I think you'll need to use Revision Clouds for this workflow.  Clouds can be hidden but not deleted.

1899391509_RMRevMarkers.thumb.jpg.f0c6b2a4ff930de59637dfc96de50c44.jpg

Edited by E|FA

If a rev cloud and its data tag are classed as per my previous post and placed inside vp annotations then its class can be set to invisible. So you can keep a record of revisions hidden in your vps. You don’t have to put it in vp annotations as you can always turn a class off in the nav palette but there is better overall control if they are in your annotations.

Edited by Boh
  • Like 1