Door Schedule Criteria and Missing Information

Mika I

Question

Hello!

Hoping that someone might be able to help me. I've just started using VW in the last couple of weeks, and trying to develop a drawing set from an existing model, but I've been put in charge of doing the doors, windows and corresponding schedules.

I have run into issues every step along the way, but now that it seems like I'm getting to having everything set up correctly, the information in regards to the actual door have gone missing.

The criteria for the schedule is currently showing like this from the worksheet: =DATABASE(NOTINREFDLVP & NOTINDLVP & (R IN ['DOOR TAG'])) 
(To be frank I don't really understand what the portion NOTINREFDLVP & NOTINDLVP means.)

I have also attached an image of how the worksheet is coming out right now. I am editing the room information/finishes/frr/etc in the record information for the door tag. But now I am missing all the information from the door plug-in data, including but not limited to the dimensions of everything.

From what I gather from forum posts as well as the given tutorials from Vectorworks, door schedules are really not an intuitive or easy thing to set up or customize, but I have used too many work hours on trying to troubleshooting each stage of this and it is insane how clunky each step is. Why is this so hard? I have poured over the vw help sections, and gone into the forums and I'd say 4/5 times anything is solved is by other users and not even VW employees for this particular topic.

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 5.35.07 PM.png

4 answers to this question

Once you get it the first time it will be much easier 🙂

NOTINREFDLVP and NOTINDLVP means that this database will ignore doors that are referenced from other drawings or referenced within the drawing.  If neither of those things are happening in your drawing you don't need them.

R in Door Tag has me a little confused.  This means you are looking at the data in the tag for the door, but not looking at the door itself.

If you want, you can copy 3 walls with some doors and the associated door tags and your worksheet to a new drawing and post it here.  It might be quicker to give you an example for your project than talk you through general rules.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mika I said:

But now I am missing all the information from the door plug-in data, including but not limited to the dimensions of everything.

It would seem you are summing up data in some columns but not in those columns showing horizontal lines. Check what you have on "summarize values" tick box.

I gather you want to summarize similar situations, look for these sigma signs:

In general, worksheets are one of the most powerful tools in Vectorworks, once you get the hang of it.

image.png

Edited by JMR
14 hours ago, michaelk said:

data in the tag for the door, but not looking at the door itself.

I asked a colleague in the office about this who was helping me yesterday, and he solved my issue by using this prompt!! Thank you so much, a single sentence just saved me hours of trying to find a solution!!

• Like 1